Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:41:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] plug presentation from a GnuPG developer

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:30:03PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> It would be helpful if people could let me know exactly what they want
> to hear about GnuPG... I can always give the "Public key crypto and
> you" talk, but I suspect you folks are more advanced than that.

Hi, David.

I presume most of us will know at least the basics of what PK
encryption is and at least how to use it with mutt or to
encrypt/decrypt individual files.

What would interest me most would be anecdotes about life with
encryption. You probably hear more of these than the average joe. I
don't mean stories of Chinese dissidents, but surely there's
interesting anecdote on how people use encryption and how things
change as they do. Most people I know do not knowingly use
encryption. This list is the one place where I see encryption used for
signing and, sometimes, for privacy (in individual correspondence).

--
 Jeff