Stephen Gran on Mon, 5 May 2003 20:54:58 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Help with Lawsuit

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 11:15:20AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter said:
> Are they really still using Halon, though? I would have expected them
> to have upgraded to a less human-unfriendly setup by now.  (Though,
> maybe it doesn't matter much; it's pretty seldom that a human should
> be in the cage.)

The law in Philadelphia, at least, is that new installations are not
allowed to use halon, but existing fire suppressions systems don't yet
have to be retrofitted.  There are still a bunch of halon systems around
Philly, at least, and judging from the quality of the rest of their
alarm systems and the amount of false positives, I'd like to see them
go.  The problem, as always, is money.

|  Stephen Gran                  | The seven year itch comes from fooling  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | around during the fourth, fifth, and    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | sixth years.                            |