eric@lucii.org on Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:29:05 -0400

[PLUG] "windows" key

While editing a XF86Config-4 file on a virtual console [VC] I
accidentally hit the "windows" key - you know - the lump of plastic
between CTL and ALT on newer keyboards.  Well, the VC went blank except
for a cursor like blob in the upper right corner.  Hitting normal keys
after that results in nothing BUT I can switch to other VCs and when I
switch back to the one I was working on it's back to normal.  The real
nice thing is if I hit the "windows" key twice in a row, I'm switched
back to my X session.

Anybody else experience this?  Any other random keyboard shortcuts
people know about and are willing to share?  :-)  Here I am assuming
that this behavior is even repeatable on somebody elses computer.

Eric
--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth