gabriel rosenkoetter on 18 Nov 2003 14:31:02 -0500

Re: top-replies was Re: [PLUG] kernel parameters for memory usage?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:18:01PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> At the same time, it would be more convenient to /not/ have to scroll down
> to read a reply, especially after a lot of quoting.

1. Good MUAs (and news readers) provide a "skip past quoted
material" function. (In Mutt, by default, S skips past quoted text
and T hides it completely.)

2. That's a sign that your correspondents are quoting too much text.
(Like, say, those three blank lines from my message you quoted.
Even, arguably, the entirety of the second paragraph, since you're
not specifically replying to any of it.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net