Paul on 18 Nov 2003 16:17:02 -0500

Re: top-replies was Re: [PLUG] kernel parameters for memory usage?

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

1. Good MUAs (and news readers) provide a "skip past quoted
material" function. (In Mutt, by default, S skips past quoted text
and T hides it completely.)

Nice feature. I wonder if Mozilla can skip quoted text.

2. That's a sign that your correspondents are quoting too much text.
(Like, say, those three blank lines from my message you quoted.
Even, arguably, the entirety of the second paragraph, since you're
not specifically replying to any of it.)

I use blank spaces for clarity. How many bytes does a blank space contain? I'm guessing one or two bytes. In any case, this is e-mail, not programming. The goal is communication and expression as opposed to efficiency and absolute correctness.