Paul on 18 Nov 2003 16:46:02 -0500

Re: top-replies was Re: [PLUG] kernel parameters for memory usage?

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

There's no justification beyond laziness for a top-reply. It shows
that you didn't care enough to make your message legible, in which
case I probably don't care enough to answer your questions. (I made
an exception today because I saw what I thought was bad advice being
given to an inexperienced user.)

It means just about nothing at all if a person happens to quote one way or another. You expressed your preference, which is fine. Judging people based on qouting style, although I disagree with your conclusions, is also fine if that's what you choose to do.

Bad advice? Maybe. (Before I write more I just want to say that I respect gr and find his e-mail to be enlightening and entertaining.) I'm detecting something that might be worse: An attitude of superiority. I hear that it works for people like figther pilots, but do you really want to go around shooting people down all the time?