gabriel rosenkoetter on 24 Nov 2003 13:02:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Why am I running out of memory?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:57:19PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > In fact, I'm not sure how you could ever have a single process using
> > more than physical memory without providing some hints about usage
> > to the kernel (which it's possible to do, of course).
> Do you know how to do that?

Off the top of my head, no, not under Linux, but it should be
something you can find by way of mmap(2) (you want "map hints" or
something similar).

I don't think it'd help, since you've already pointed out you don't
have access to the code for the application you're trying to run...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net