Walt Mankowski on 24 Nov 2003 13:13:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Why am I running out of memory?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:03:54PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Off the top of my head, no, not under Linux, but it should be
> something you can find by way of mmap(2) (you want "map hints" or
> something similar).
>
> I don't think it'd help, since you've already pointed out you don't
> have access to the code for the application you're trying to run...

Well, I do and I don't.  I do have access to the Matrix library, but
it's just a C++ class and it just allocates memory using new.  It
never calls mmap directly.  I assume it's happening deep inside g++
somewhere.

Walt