Paul on 22 Apr 2004 21:19:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Switching from Cable to DSL

Chris wrote:

"I'm just wondering, other than being less stable and not as fast as cable, is there anything else that I should be aware of before switching?"

...that seems to be pretty definitive against DSL if you ask me. Why are you
changing services?

It's (almost) all about the money, or lack there of! I don't really require 100% uptime. Think about this: some people enjoy power outages at night when they can light a candle and spend time with other people. And I don't mind a longer wait (768k) because I don't constantly download ISOs and such.

Cable: $43.00
DSL: $30

I could use that extra $13.00. Also, if I'm not mistaken, after 30 days I could go back to Comcast and take advantage of their latest deal. The deal I originally took was six months at $20 per month plus a free cable modem. Comcast still offers three months at $20 I believe.