sean finney on 17 Jul 2004 21:25:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] hotplug not working w 2.6

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 03:21:05PM -0400, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Adding the install line to /etc/modprobe.conf did not fix my problem, so I
> don't know if it is the same problem or not.  Also this used to work with
> this same kernel.

okay, maybe not then.  to be succinct, the problem i was experiencing
was that hotplug was only loading psmouse, and not mousedev.  when
gpm started (i have X  use /dev/gpmdata), it triggered the loading
of mousedev, but not soon enough to not have gpm die.  if i then
stopped gpm, made sure both modules were loaded, and started it
again, things would be fine.  the solution i'm using until hotplug
gets their act together with the serio support is just having
both psmouse and mousedev listed in /etc/modules.

	sean