Walt Mankowski on 4 Sep 2004 00:42:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] PLUG meeting??

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 08:05:48PM -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> Thanks for confirming.  I've overhauled the directions on the PLUG website
> (http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/usp.html), which hopefully will make
> things clearer for the future.  Comments are welcome, especially from those
> who previously found the page confusing.

It looks good, but a few things could be a bit clearer:

* It's only a left turn onto 42nd street if you're coming from Center
  City.  I'm coming from the west and I have to turn right.

* The Market-Frankford Line is the "El", not the "L".

* You might want to mention that you need to physically leave 30th
  St. Station and walk across the street to catch the trolleys.

* While I also call them "trolleys", Septa refers to the lines that
  run from 30th St. to USP either "subway-surface lines" or "the green
  line".  I don't believe you can find the word "trolley" printed
  anywhere inside either of the Septa stations at 30th St.[1]

Walt

1. Well, OK, maybe on a printed schedule for Route 100, 101, or 102
   (which actually ARE called trolleys), but good luck finding any of
   them in 30th St. Station, either. :)