Paul on 10 Oct 2004 16:00:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Large Wireless Network on the Cheap

James Kelly wrote:

Care to do any testing and report back to us (assuming you have access
to some late model wireless equipment).  I am honestly curious as to how
the "improvements" have worked out.

All I have is two 802.11b cards that form a wireless network between a laptop and a Linux box. The Linux box acts as the router/access point. I can , however, passively monitor other people's networks. Unfortunately, many people do not use WEP. So, the first thing I could show is how the MAC addresses appear. Oh, and, any plain text data that flies by.