Paul on 14 Oct 2004 13:08:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Large Wireless Network on the Cheap

Jason Costomiris wrote:

Yes, it gives you both access control && encryption.  WPA includes
crypto & auth components.

It's a wireless router that I'm using, though a standalone AP would
work just as well, as long as it supports WPA.

What is the model of the router?

Trying to make HostAP talk to FreeRADIUS is a pain. There are so many interconnected variables, and everything is on one machine. That makes step-by-step configuration and testing difficult.

I've been wondering how to configure FreeRADIUS to work with plain Ethernet, if that's possible. I guess it would work like PPPoE authentication.