Russell Nordquist on 10 Apr 2005 16:14:40 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT:Phone & DSL service?

M.Simons wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Michael Lazin wrote:

I pay 50 bucks a month+tax for combined DSL and phone service from
cavelier.  Phone service includes caller id, call waiting, and 3 way
calling.  DSL is a static IP with no usage restrictions.  I run a
number of servers.

You say +tax here.  That is what I am wondering about.  If it was only
sales tax, then this would be a good deal.. however.. doesn't it also
include lots of 'fcc' etc. fees USF charge, etc. etc., such as detailed on  ?  So it's $50+ all
those fees?  In my estimation those fees can total quite a lot, and would
make things more expensive than I am paying right now.  Can you say how
much the bill is in total with all those fees and taxes?

Thanks.. (this is exactly the sort of information I am interested in, so
it is appreciated.)

My cavalier bill for Phone+DSL runs about 75 a month with taxes. I don't use the phone much.