Tom Diehl on 19 Aug 2005 03:09:06 -0000

[PLUG] Re: ISPs (again)

Stewart B. Lone <v592653589793238@verizon.net> wrote:

I have had dsl from Verizon for about 3 weeks now. I signed on with
their advertised package of the first 3 months-$19.95/Mo., and
subsequently $29.95/Mo.. The speed is 3 Mb / 768 Kb. I checked it
through http://www.dslreports.com/, and the speed is indeed as advertised.

Yes but. you cannot run servers, you only get a dyanmic ip and you have to use pppoe. If that is good enough for you then good luck. Unfortunately for a lot of people it is not. This seems to be a classic case of you get what you pay for.

Regards,

Tom