Will Dyson on 9 Sep 2006 21:34:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Wiring a house (was Re: Ethernet Cable Specs)

On 9/9/06, Mark M. Hoffman <mhoffman@lightlink.com> wrote:

Does it take some practice to get those things punched down right -
I mean, is there a lot of dexterity involved?  Seems like there might
be.

I don't think extraordinary dexterity is involved. If you take your time, you should be able to do it right the first time. In the styles of punch-downs I've used, each conducter can be punched down individually.

It is certainly easier than making patch cables in that regard.

--
Will Dyson