zuzu on 3 Oct 2007 02:10:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Verizon EVDO & open iPhones

  • From: zuzu <sean.zuzu@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Verizon EVDO & open iPhones
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:09:45 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=2OgnGt7hasc1uxH41sUKaCNO1Xtlmh4B65q8QQhb13M=; b=VPEnkWwVceHjPRrUmCoBCG/u+/A/rydIcnfPmOcityerDJHVtNtnD8mHns344eqyyxY2s50Ee2eMTazmWOlfzfGz9COzv88qKSMtpvAQlYBJGCiAASO2zB7ZBm5/nKKOdH8sz7suMToitn2/fCKRn+gCpfE0yj8TDBR6EVtGAKk=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

On 10/2/07, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > (assuming you know what you're doing) is that it enables a
> > better-connected world. Maybe that's overpaid jerks like me with
> > iPhones,
>
> See... if you had a Treo, it wouldn't matter.  We don't *do* wi-fi.
> We're satisfied with the omnipresent EVDO.

personally I wish the iPhone were naturally open, so I could use "it
just works" with T-Mobile, and then use the iPhone's 802.11 ("the
standard in wireless fidelity" == :gag: ) with T-Mobile's
"HotSpot@home" GAN/UMA.

(also, is it true that the iPhone has no manual mode in iTunes, and
that it doesn't show up as a mass storage device like every other
iPod?)

p.s. when will any equipment manufacturer learn that Bluetooth does
_so much more_ than headsets?  let's start with how cool scatternets
are...  or at least with the assertion that a bluetooth iPhone and a
bluetooth high resolution camera should talk to each other to record
the GPS data in the EXIF of the JPEG photos, you know, like a Personal
Area Network or something. :/