jeff on 3 Oct 2007 04:23:31 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FIOS & open wireless

Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> Colbert Report.  It seems a man was charged and fined for "intruding" upon a
> wireless network from his parked car.  It just so happens, use of this
> network was advertised as being free by a sign but a few steps away.  The
> network'sowner who did not wish to press charges.

unfortunately, the town sheriff did.  The entire affair was an exercise
in stupidity.  Barney Fife undoubtedly had a good legal reason for
busting the mobile thief.  Never mind that he had to check every law on
the books until one looked like it might fly.

It's not even a story unless you leave out Deputy Dawg.
(no disrespect to the majority of fine officers protecting us)

Rykers Correctional Facility, New York.
The scene is a small holding cell with a bunch of criminal types and one
small momma's boy.

Burly Guy #1:  I took out an entire shopping center with a BB gun.
Whatchoo in for?

Burly Guy #2:  I ate a baby.  How bout you, Shirley?

Small Man: [breathes in slowly and puffs himself up to his full 5'4"]
Grand Theft... Radio.  I stole wireless connectivity.

[fade to sound of Small Man being made into a chair]

-=-=-
... I'm not a tube snob, I'm a Thermionic Elitist