Art Alexion on 5 Oct 2007 17:28:50 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What list is this again?

On Friday 05 October 2007 12:03:28 Chad Waters wrote:
> When I get a chance I want to figure out
> the newly added AppArmor, (the alternative to NSA's selinux championed
> by Novell/SUSE).
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/Apparmor
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AppArmor

I recently attended a Novell/Suse dog and pony show where Novell claimed that
it was behind the development of AppArmor, claiming that SELinux was too
tough to configure.

> My biggest beef with Ubuntu:
> I opened up a bug in launchpad yesterday and was then slammed with
> about 50+ useless duplicates, "me too", "+1" are "same here" comments
> in my inbox, the vast majority of which came after the developer set
> the status to "fix committed".

By default, Launchpad subscribes you to the bug.  Duplicates are encouraged,
because the more complaints about the bug, the faster/more attention it will
get.  You can unsubscribe to the bug, but then you won't get fix and
workaround posts.  I filter.

(PECO does the same with electrical outages, BTW)