Chad Waters on 5 Oct 2007 19:10:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What list is this again?

> By default, Launchpad subscribes you to the bug.  Duplicates are encouraged,
> because the more complaints about the bug, the faster/more attention it will
> get.  You can unsubscribe to the bug, but then you won't get fix and
> workaround posts.  I filter.
>
> (PECO does the same with electrical outages, BTW)

It way to chatty for a bug tracking system. Its not a discussion
forum. I never had anything like that when I reported bugs in Debian.

I suspect it is karma whoring (More involvement in launchpad = more
karma points = more CDs via shipit).

-Chad