Brian Stempin on 26 Nov 2007 21:46:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Poll! editors (and possibly me burning at the stake)

  • From: "Brian Stempin" <brian.stempin@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Poll! editors (and possibly me burning at the stake)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:46:38 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=534F4bBXS9ZWLXq2eZcrZqK62BJlMvBXhejbHoGI7Y4=; b=mcx4ug2851YmyC2u2Fr6KCExcy1L6dUC1xqb2kc4pQI4I6FU6Sy/e22cs8ILUR3D0A5LDoqoRLJHJrG1nA9g1786KYsQw4ppfD7ToP7w3jcyL6UAWlwUKiM+Wz1gOwwvoT/0gY9kf9f7og1g5MM5jFEnGNSs08EJrMtoHkBLzuY=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

have you heard of Win32Pad? it's another notepad replacement. if i'm in windows, it's my necessity. line numbering, minimize to try, and yet still clean and minimal.

When I'm in windows, I use the Crimson Editor.  It's small, it supports syntax formatting, and it's very easy to record and play macros for performing repetitive tasks to text files....in many cases, it's much faster than writing a script.