Matt Mossholder on 11 Jan 2008 19:11:02 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comcast & Mail Servers

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 21:30 -0500, John Von Essen wrote:
> I'm a Comcast hater too, but..... Its actually a good thing what their
> doing. You really are shooting yourself in the foot when running your
> own server behind Comcast. Most recipients wont get your email anyway
> because your in DUL blacklists, or the recipient is blocking Comcast -
> or someone with your IP from earlier abuse was blacklisted.

I'll consider keeping my mail off-site sometime after the government
agrees that they can't snoop it at their leisure. They currently think
they have the right to grab your email any time it is stored.

http://www.switched.com/2007/11/05/the-us-government-wants-to-read-your-e-mail-without-a-warrant/

I can NOT have them intercepting my mailing lists, inbound spam, and
book club notifications :)

      --Matt