stretchoutandwait on 19 Oct 2008 13:53:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] KDE 4.1.2 Verdict

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
> So I'm back to 3.5.x.   Unfortunately, changing to 4.1.2 completely wiped out
> all my 3.5.x menus, so I have to completely rebuild them.  Even the
> customizations I added to my konqueror toolbar are mystery gone now.
> <aaarrgggh!>

Yeah, I also noticed some weirdness with my 3.5 menus, but after
switching back to KDE3's kdm, all of my 3.5 settings were back (I
think it was going back to kdm3, or maybe the complete restart of X).
I'm using gentoo, also.  I've gotta agree that 4.1.2 wasn't quite at
the level I'd hoped, but then, 3.5.10 is the result of how many years
of bug crunching?  Many.  I'm confident that 4 will get there, too.