Michael Leone on 30 Dec 2008 12:02:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] migrating to AD user with Likewise Open

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> Michael Leone wrote:
>>> Is this possible to do? What other information would I need to
>>> integrate AD into my app?
>>
>> I'm not a programmer, but AD does work via an LDAP interface, port 389
>
> Yeah, but it's *Microsoft* LDAP.
>
> What does that mean?
>
> I don't know, but it won't be compatible with ANYTHING.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. That's easily disproven.

It's compatible with itself ....

LOL

(well, certain versions of itself, anyway)

I think the OP should be able to make LDAP queries to any of the DCs
(Domain Controllers). He may have to check to see where the DC is (IP
address), if it's using the default LDAP port of 389, if it's using
LDAP over SSL (which I believe is possible), etc.

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

"Disgusting, yet strangely interesting."
                             Tony Robinson, "Worst Christmas Jobs"