Stephen Gran on 30 Dec 2008 14:21:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] migrating to AD user with Likewise Open

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 02:41:47PM -0500, jeff said:
> Michael Leone wrote:
> >> Is this possible to do? What other information would I need to
> >> integrate AD into my app?
> >
> > I'm not a programmer, but AD does work via an LDAP interface, port 389
>
> Yeah, but it's *Microsoft* LDAP.
>
> What does that mean?
>
> I don't know, but it won't be compatible with ANYTHING.

While amusing, that's not really true.  It has a terrible schema, and it
stores things all over the place, but you can talk to it just like any
other LDAP server.
|  Stephen Gran                  | It appears that PL/I (and its dialects) |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | is, or will be, the most widely used    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | higher level language for systems       |
|                                | programming.   -- J. Sammet             |