jeff on 1 Feb 2009 11:39:53 -0800

Re: [PLUG] FiOS & Linux

Art Alexion wrote:
> I can install WinXP wallpaper, but the kmenu is going to confuse him anyway.

If they're in person, I tell them the truth, but I `drive'.  I ask them
what they want and provide it.

You know enough to ask them the right questions.  Ultimately they will
provide you with an ethernet feed, perhaps on a switch.  If they need to
test, ping is still ping :)

My parents have FIOS.  They have a tall grey box with a 4-5 port switch
plus wireless.  The geniuses gave them a wireless usb card, then set the
laptop up with WEP.  So much for security.

They told me some great Verizon billing stories too.  Even the corporate
rep for their building can't figure out what service they have, why it's
priced like it is, or get it fixed.

--
ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat