Alex Launi on 14 Apr 2009 11:15:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Jaunty on Mini-9

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
Not the one I downloaded, but I installed evolution after the fact because I
feel email is one of the main purposes of a netbook, and find webmail
cumbersome and unsatisfactory.

Then apparently you did not have the standard eeebuntu image- http://www.eeebuntu.org/index.php?page=standard
So you find webmail cumbersome, yet you use evolution, which is one of the heaviest mail clients available for the free desktop. Interesting..

It doesn't install the database component.  I would definitely want Writer,
Calc and Impress installed.  Draw is probably unnecessary.

It's all unnecessary, remember what we're talking about here. This is a netbook. It's not a full laptop, it's not meant to be. Specifically my post was about the eeepc 901 so disk space is a huge issue.

First I think that is a chocolate vs. vanilla thing.  Second, I think we are
talking different [sub]distros as so many of the things you mention aren't
installed on any of the 5 eee netbooks I have configured.

Again, you're not talking about what is in the standard eeebuntu image. I don't know what you downloaded, but it wasn't the standard image.

Ours hold 32 gigs of data (in addition to 8 gigs that I install the system
files to).  I like to listen to music while I do things.  I don't necessarily
want to depend on streaming to hear my music.

Then you're not using an eee901, and we're talking about different things. Don't reply to my comments using an entirely different context, it just makes us both look stupid.

As much as I like its KDE predecessor, katapult, I have never found gnome-do
satisfactory.

This is offtopic but katapult is not at all a predecessor of GNOME Do, they do different things. Yes, they both launch applications but that's only a fraction of Do, and not its most useful piece by any means.

--
--Alex Launi