Paul L. Snyder on 9 Jun 2009 05:35:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [Slightly OT] UPS recommendations

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009, Sean Collins wrote:

> Have you thought about using a KVM so that you can reduce the amount
> of monitors you need to have, and thus lighten the load on the
> breaker? Not to mention, move the AC to it's own circuit if possible?

Both monitors are connected to the same machine, and I dursn't give them
up, no I dursn't, my precious.

The house was built around 1950 (though we had the wiring checked out when
we moved in), and there are only two circuits upstairs.  Believe me, if I
could split things among multiple circuits, I would.  Or rather, I would if
I were willing to run an extension cord into the bathroom, which I'm not.

As I mentioned, I'll be having an electrician in to rewire at some point.
The UPS will still be useful in smoothing out PECO-induced power outages.

Paul