stretchoutandwait on 21 Jun 2010 16:17:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Distro for KDE

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Eric at Lucii.org <eric@lucii.org> wrote:

> I have not heard of Arch or Pacman but I'll look them up.  I tend to stay with
> "big" distros (read: lots of eyes, lots of support if needed.)
>
> Eric

I've been running KDE on Arch for about 2 years now.  Prior to that
Gentoo, prior to that SuSE, prior to that RH (back to about 2000
here--RH6.1 and KDE1, probably).  I've been reasonably happy with
Arch, although if lots of eyes/support is a concern, I'm not sure Arch
will be the best choice for you.  I've actually been thinking about
switching because their forum and channel don't seem all that helpful.
 Most problems (typically not DE related) I solve myself.  Thanks for
starting the thread though, I've got Kubuntu 10.04 going in VirtualBox
to see what it's like, but being a vm I just fire it up from time to
time, not really evaluate it.