Claude M. Schrader on 24 Jan 2011 09:46:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Do you feel like you're a Linux dude(tte) in a 'Doze/Mac world?

On 09:23 Tue 18 Jan     , Rich Freeman wrote:

> I can't vouch for whether it is problematic - not supporting WPA was
> reason enough to ditch it for me.
>
> BTW, how can ANYBODY make a router these days that doesn't support
> WPA?  WEP is absolutely worthless from a security standpoint.  I
> wouldn't use WEP unless I put it behind a router and only allowed VPN
> traffic through (good luck getting consumer devices to work with that,
> however - maybe whitelist a few internet sites or something).

to briefly dredge up an old thread, I just double checked, and my
Actiontec fios router *does* support WPA and WPA2. I don't have any
wireless problems at all. Maybe they fixed some bugs since you tried it?
Claude