Morgan Jones on 6 Jul 2012 11:16:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?

There seems to be a lot of ignorance is this crowd about iOS and iOS devices.  It is okay to love Linux and use an Apple product here and there.  Yes, they're not open source but the products have a vibrant and interesting hacking culture and you're selling yourself short to dismiss it completely.

Remember, too, that Android is owned by a huge corporation which doesn't have your best interest at heart, they just happen to open source some of their software.  Android is open source because it suits Google and they are hardly benevolent.  Google is profit motivated just like Apple, they just chose to use open source as part of their marketing.

It's foolish to ignore Apple tablets or phones if functionality or outright hack-ability is your priority.  Plus your parents/spouse/kids can use them with just about no support.

-morgan