Andres Garcia on 23 Nov 2013 19:39:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Domain Registrar recommendations - revisited

At one time I used Network Solutions and GoDaddy but was very frustrated and dissatisfied with pricing and support. Eventually I migrated to Dreamhost (Domain only reg only), as reported already, Dreamhost made it straightforward and easy. Network solutions made me jump through hoops.
I've been with Dreamhost since 2009 now and I appreciate how communicative they are on the status of upcoming payments and expiration dates. DNS is straightforward and easy to manage and, before I went to my own, I felt the hosting prices to be reasonable, especially if you score a special. I couldn't figure out how to do some records that were not listed by default, the Dreamhost support team quickly replied and showed me how to put in any custom record (but, IIRC, they don't guarantee they will always work) as an unspecified text record.
If you were happy with your provider, I wouldn't feel the need to say you should definitely switch. For anyone, whether they need services beyond basic domain registration and hosting, are a new user, or looking to move, I would definitely recommend Dreamhost.