Keith C. Perry on 16 Jun 2015 09:35:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG W and presos

Victor, that would be awesome.  I know sure if people are aware of some of the newer modules and functionalities iptables is capable of.  This idea sort of evolved mentally after seeing the fail2ban presentation.  Tools like that are great but having some skill at the CLI with iptables is important too.

I'll think about an outline and put it out there to see what people think.  I should probably start putting seeing what trace example I have to show as examples as well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor" <plug@osquat.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:11:46 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] PLUG W and presos

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Keith C. Perry
 <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
> I know its a more advanced topic but I wouldn't mind running a network "war
> game".
> For new Linux users especially those interested in networking, a workshop
> like this could help gain confidence in understanding what attacks look
> like, how to rate them (i.e. prioritize for action) and why things aren't
> nearly as easy to do as tv and film would have you believe.

This would be a lot of fun and I'd like to help out if there's
interest. I know iptables and nmap, but lack confidence in
identifying, investigating and handling potential attacks.

I saw someone ask about location for events. As far as North goes, if
Coredial wasn't available I'm sure I could arrange for space to
comfortably hold 10 + presenter (we could grab extra seats for a few
more) in Fort Washington, 15 minutes away from Coredial.