Rich Freeman on 16 Aug 2015 19:51:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] FOSSCON communication ops

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Jim Fisher <jedijf@myfisher.org> wrote:
> Last year was my first FOSSCON as an amateur.
>
> We went, what some thought was a little 'ham heavy'.

I think the topics are somewhat related (just as things like 3D
printing), but I'd focus on the areas that are most closely related.
If somebody did a talk on Linux-based SDR that would be a great
tie-in.  Etc.

If I see somebody walking around with a radio I'll have to get caught
up on how things have changed.  Back in the early 90s I was
considering getting a license.  I see they dropped the code
requirements, and that was the main thing holding me back (I was
really trying to go for the novice license and not the technician one
at the time).  I had a pretty good teacher in my father (who was
transmitting CW while driving long before texting was in fashion), but
it was still a lot to learn.

--
Rich