Keith C. Perry on 16 Aug 2015 16:59:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] FOSSCON communication ops

Ok, thanks for the come back Jim...

I didn't know about the "hamcon" frequency so I added that to my radio.  I'm interested to see how that gets used.

To my other point though- general FOSSCON op comm...  is there a need for that or is something already in place?  That type of traffic isn't something that would be carried over the ham bands generally but considering that most ham radios are FRS/GMRS/MURS capable is would be an opportunity to have hams (and non-hams) help out with that if there was a need (and they had a capable radio).

I know it may seem like a weird question but I've done a lot of conferences from the attendee, presenter and personnel point-of-view and the one thing things that is necessary all the time is good communications.  I think I noticed last year people "running" around looking for each other or having questions about who was where.   My understanding of this location is that it is a little bit smaller so perhaps this is not a significant concern.

There will probably be enough hams around to jump in if needed- 'kinda what we do anyway :D

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167