Jim Fisher on 23 Aug 2015 11:37:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] FOSSCON communication ops

So sorry I haven't kept up with reading this list.

Rich, I would have let you touch an HT at FOSSCON. I hope your just
looking might have inspired you to re-consider getting a license.

Also, the one laptop in front of the HT's was running an SDR app for
ADSB using an SDR dongle.

I was using a new live image, skywave linux, but probably more
interesting to you is that the Pentoo distro has many SDR apps
builtin. At least the ones that meet their philosophical requirements.

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/skywave-linux-new-linux-ubuntu-distribution-made-for-software-defined-radio/

http://www.pentoo.ch/

tons of good sdr info: http://sdr.ninja/

--