Thomas Delrue on 5 Jan 2016 08:06:14 -0800

Re: [PLUG] password safe

On 01/05/2016 10:27 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> By using Lastpass I can easily use random passwords for all of my
> accounts, and easily change them.

On a different, but related note, and for polling purposes: do people
use random usernames as well or are usernames relatively constant (e.g.
first.last[@domain] or first_last[@domain] or whatever)?

Not trying to stoke the fire more, I'm asking for my own info:
The industry always tells people that they shouldn't reuse passwords but
there is never anything about not reusing usernames.

With password safes like keepass, and lastpass and what have you, since
these auto-fill for you and because they can also auto-fill the
username, you can now also more easily pick random usernames and have it
fill it in for you as well...