Rich Freeman on 5 Jan 2016 08:09:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] password safe

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Thomas Delrue <delrue.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
> You make some good points. I don't agree with everything but that's my
> problem.
> I apologize for my rant... I didn't intend to come of that rude, but I
> did so I'm sorry.

No worries.  My own response could have been gentler.

> I take OpSec a bit to seriously sometimes...

Not at all.  It is important to take it seriously.  You just need to
realize that you're always making compromises, and taking it seriously
means understanding the compromises you're making and the risks you're
taking.  We take risks when we get out of bed, and you'd be taking a
risk if you didn't ever get out of bed.  Sometimes the best thing we
can do is educate so that people understand the risks they are taking
so that they can make informed decisions.

Along with what Rich++ said there are also passwords that I don't
store in Lastpass, either because they're too sensitive, or because I
need them to recover all my other passwords if I were to lose access
to everything (Lastpass gets compromises, disaster recovery scenario,
etc).  When you're doing cloud backups and cloud password management
and all that you need to give some thought as to how you recover if
somebody hacks your gmail account or whatever, even if all the data is
safely encrypted.

--
Rich