Chad Waters via plug on 6 Jan 2022 08:34:01 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Open source Mail client

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 7:34 AM jeffv via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
On 1/6/22 06:30, Walt Mankowski via plug wrote:
> It's also very common that mail apps don't even load images by
> default. That's the case with Outlook where I work. So all that effort
> to make fancy graphic signatures is for naught unless the recipient
> decides it's worth clicking on a button just to see them.

and now there are little graphics on my email subject line.
GET OFFA MY SUBJECT LINE and off my lawn.
I can't stand html email, _javascript_, GPS in phones, and guitar amps
without vacuum tubes. Because there are no bench seats in cars, the dog
tends to shift gears. It's a wonder I'm not using CLI email.

Thunderbird can display original HTML, simple HTML, and plain text.
Also can be set not to dl graphics.

 My marketing dept demands specific logos and taglines in my email sig. That's dictates html email at work

This personal email (and its domain) is grandfathered into the old free google apps platform. I have a resolution to slowly move away from Google. I just moved my newish primary domain's email to Protonmail. I'll be looking at the mail composition settings as well as everything else.

Gone are the days when my email was served by a tower running qmail at home,  adding redundancies by being the mutual backup MXes for like-minded friends. Sometime in the early 2000's broadband providers blocked SMTP  and other common server ports and that put an end to home hosting.

As a side, I haven't subscribed/posted with my new primary email address here yet (and aliases are limited at protonmail). Does anyone observe much scraping from our mail archives?