Windows 10 laptop host system

Quoting Jason Marks <jymarks@sbcglobal.net>:
As for some "clarity" on the situation, here are my Linux "projects" that I'm hoping to keep in separate threads.
1. My Linux VM's are running on top of Win10 on a laptop.
Quoting Jason Marks <jymarks@sbcglobal.net>:
Also, for future noobs finding this thread ( and future me too ) I misspoke on 2 topics:
..
2. VirtualBox allows setting up a dynamic or static sized hdd. When setting up with dynamic allocation, one still states the max size the drive can grow to be. The fs will grow as needed, but not past this limit. In the case of my Mint 19, I gave it a max size of 100GB and it grew to 52GB

Thanks for clearing up the first point of confusion :-)
How much total and free diskspace do you have on that Windows 10 laptop?
Is it at all possible to backup and uninstall/clear-out as many Windows10 programs and data as are safely possible to free-up significantly more than the 2.3GB freed from last night??
If it's possible to free-up 30 GB or more on the laptop's Windows 10 partition, then why not at the very least just create/"re-install" a duplicate of the fallback Ubuntu 18.04 VM(s),
but this time dynamically allocating the just-created virtual disk image/.vdi to that 30 GB maximum?
After successfully doing so,  then the originally "hard set" 10 GB VM(s) could be conceivably deleted and thus free-up further Windows 10 diskspace for current (e.g., Linux Mint 19) and future
(e.g., other Linux distro) VirtualBox guest needs.

-A