Erin Mulder on 20 Dec 2006 04:21:57 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Pub Nite!!

Cassius Rosenthal wrote:
> Sort of like a book club, but with computer math, and serious learning
> to be done. Or like a Tupperware party, without the Tupperware, but with
> a freshly sealed textbook containing math and code and other
> non-perishables.

I am very interested and would probably even be up for a weekly
get-together.  Just tell me when and where!

I love discrete math and have long neglected its continuous cousin, so
"Concrete Math" sounds like a great read.  Down the road, I'd also be
interested in group dives on topics like computational theory,
cryptology, constraint satisfaction and optimization.

Cheers,
Erin