Aaron E. Ross on Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:17:27 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Oddness with gdm (graphical login)

at a time earlier than now, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 11:50:56AM -0500, Bill Jonas wrote:
> > I think some distributions use ~/.xdefaults...
>
> Um... not sure, but I *think* you mean .Xdefaults, which is supposed
> to be variable settings for the X server. (Like, "XTerm*Font: 6x10".)

 i'm sure that's what he meant, there are some settings for the vt100
 terminal emulation, but i haven't gotten those right either.

 is there anyway to figure out which files are actually being used? i'm
 tired of trying to track down what files one shell script looks at only to
 realize i started with the wrong script.

 what starts X when you boot at runlevel 5? xinit?

 aaron