Bill Jonas on Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:39:57 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Java (was Re: Plugins and Mozilla)

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 03:54:55PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> There is *no* way to compile Java applications to a strictly local
> machine language. JIT compilers are getting better, but they're

Are there any examples of languages that can be interpreted or compiled,
at one's discretion?  It's my understanding that Perl can be translated to
C (but I haven't played with this), but I don't know if that counts or
not.  ;)

--
Bill Jonas                | "In contrast to the What You See Is What You
bill@billjonas.com        |  Get (WYSIWYG) philosophy, UNIX is the You