Kevin Brosius on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:10:30 +0100

Re: [PLUG] XFS w/kernel 2.4.17?

Mike Leone wrote:

> >How could any of this cause a kernel panic?
>
> See previous message of mine, about incorrect mkinitrd options specified, which part of the kernel rebuild process (for me, anyway).
>
>  It depends on how many kernels you have around; in my case, if I didn't have a good previous version kernel, I would not have been able to
> boot, and then fix the xfs initrd.

For future reference, you can also name/rename the initrd files, so that
you have more than one.  That will let you run one for each different
2.4.17 kernel you build.  LILO (if you are using it) has an initrd
command you can specify per kernel image.  Or build the modules you need
(to boot the system) in to the kernel and not use an initrd at all.

--
Kevin Brosius