Mike Leone on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 19:40:23 +0100

Re: [PLUG] XFS w/kernel 2.4.17?

From: "gabriel rosenkoetter" <gr@eclipsed.net>
>[Again, I ask you to please wrap your lines at a sane column. It really is a drag for those of us on sane terminals. Attributing
quotes would be nice too.]

Thought that I was. Sorry.

>Huh? All I asked was whether you'd applied the patches. Changing source code had really better not affect the running kernel.

>How could any of this cause a kernel panic?

See previous message of mine, about incorrect mkinitrd options specified, which part of the kernel rebuild process (for me, anyway).

 It depends on how many kernels you have around; in my case, if I didn't have a good previous version kernel, I would not have been able to
boot, and then fix the xfs initrd.