Will Dyson on Tue, 19 Nov 2002 02:09:09 -0500

Re: Microsoft hardware (was: Re: [PLUG] near total kablooie)

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

Yeah, I'd have to adust to not reaching left (but NOT down!!!) with
my left pinky for control, but the fact that it's *already* under a
finger is huge. And very smart.

Learning to hit backspace with my left thumb was the hardest...

I can't quite remember what the in-cup non-alpha keys are, but I'd
remap escape to one of those if I had one. Or maybe something that's
neither alt nor escape (nor alt remapped to meta, of course :^>) on
the center ridge.

Lets see... I think capslock and insert are the only real options. I vote for insert. Even more useless than capslock.

They're especially good if you already have CTS.

Yeah, I originally got it because my wrists hurt. My problem turned out not to be CTS, but it did help somewhat (Going to a doctor helped rather more, to the point where the pain is mostly gone. If your wrists hurt, don't buy a keyboard. Go see a doc!).

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman