Tobias DiPasquale on Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:37:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Playing with Fire?

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 21:22, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Ok. I'm going to try debian on an athlon desktop and see how it goes
> before committing to my laptop. Which distro is recommended? Vanilla
> debian, lycoris, xandros? I tried my old copy of progeny, but it fails
> very ungracefully.

Try the vanilla Debian last. It is the least user- and hardware-friendly
of them all. I would suggest Xandros first, as they have spent a lot of
time and effort making it comfortable for people who are used to
Windows/Mac. That might be your best bet for hardware-compatibility
issues.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer