sean finney on Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:42:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Playing with Fire?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 07:22:57PM -0700, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Ok. I'm going to try debian on an athlon desktop and see how it goes
> before committing to my laptop. Which distro is recommended? Vanilla
> debian, lycoris, xandros? I tried my old copy of progeny, but it fails
> very ungracefully.

i haven't tried anything but standard debian, so i couldn't tell ya,
though i'm wonderfully happy with "vanilla".  as for recommended
install method, i'd grab the 'compact' bootfloppies and then using
apt/tasksel/dselect to get everything you need from there.

	sean