Kevin Brosius on Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:20:05 -0500

Speakeasy - Re: [PLUG] Verizon Business DSL

Yeah, I heard they were doing that.  Did they ask you to also commit to
18 months of service?  There was a bunch of discussion about free game
consoles and other promotions over on dslreports.  When I asked about
promotions they offered a free month of service or a ~$120 gift
certificate to an online shopping service (Amazon?, I forget)

I read that they had run out of the game consoles, so didn't push on
that (and don't play many games myself.)  Although I signed up for the
gamer, rather than sysadmin package, as I didn't have much interest in
the rpm service with sysadmin.  Gamer comes with a game update download
service of some kind, which I may not use either.

Nice thing, they already setup reverse dns on the line.  Took about 48
hours from online request to completion.

Kevin