Art Alexion on 13 Jul 2004 12:22:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VoIP

Paul wrote:

*Important.* It was pointed out to me that cell phones without active service do not indicate location; one of the problems with VoIP 911 relaying.

Location is indicated, not by some special feature, but simply by what cell antenna you are using when you make the call. Unlike E911, as it has been explained, it has nothing to do with your account. I can't see why it makes any difference, therefore, whether the account is active. Jon Nelson might be able to give us a definitive answer on this. Jon?

--

art Alexion